Another yummy non-veg dish from our selection of Pakistani recipes for a lively table. Now some of you guys might be put off by the thought of it but you gotta try this one out to see how delicious it tastes. The only thing is, you have to make sure you can get your hands on a lamb brain or two from your local butcher.
* 3 lamb brains
*1 Tbs. Garam Masala
* 1/2 tsp. mustard powder
* 1 Tsp. red chili powder
* 2 Tsp. chopped ginger
* 2 Green chilies fine chopped
* 1 Medium onion finely chopped
* 1 Tsp. Salt or to your taste
* 2 small tomatoes finely chopped
* 4 Tbs. cooking oil
* 2 Tsp. fresh Coriander/Cilantro leaves finely chopped.
* Water to boil the brains in
1. Bring the water to boil, add mustard powder and the brains.
2. Boil the contents for 5 minutes.
3. Remove the brains from water, remove any membranes carefully.
4. Heat Oil in a cooking pan. Add onions and fry them for a few minutes. Once onions are golden brown add 1 chopped tomato. Cook for few minutes and then add garam masala, red chilies, 1 tsp. chopped ginger and salt.
5. Cook till all forms into a medium gravy. Add a little amount of water to avoid the mixture from sticking to the bottom of cooking pan.
6. Once the gravy is ready, add the brains. Stir while cooking to break brains into smaller pieces. Cook for about 5 minutes.
7. Add balance of tomato, ginger, green chilies and Coriander. Cook for about 3 minutes.
8. Brain masala is now ready! Serve hot with Chappati/Naan Bread and salad.
Fancy cooking an exotic meal tonight? Best desi cooking recipes from Pakistan, India and rest of the world. Visit http://www.bestdesicooking.com and enjoy deliciously free recipes